This form can be used to submit a recommendation for an award from the Barony of Three Rivers. It should not be used for kingdom level awards. To recommend for those, please use the Kingdom Award Recommendation form.
A description of the awards is below the form.
Baronial awards may be presented to those who reside within the Barony of Three Rivers or participate within the Barony as their primary group. Individuals do not have to be a paid member of the Society for Creative Anachronism to be eligible for an award. Their Excellencies encourage all members of the populace to recommend individuals for any awards they feel are merited.
- Baronial Commendation Garter/Cord: This award is given in recognition of a number of activities, usually service to the Barony such as work above and beyond the call of duty at an event, at meetings, etc. The first time it is awarded, the recipient is given a leather garter or cord.
- Rose / Perl / Button: Following the receipt of a baronial garter or cord, further service was recognized with a small token such as a rose charm, a pearl, or a button which could be added to the garter or cord. This practice has largely been discontinued.
- Baronage’s Order of Patronage (BOP): This award is given for notable achievement in the arts and sciences. The recipient is given a cord braided with the colors of the Barony and the Baroness. May be given more than once for different areas of endeavor.
Historical Note: Prior to 2022, this award was given exclusively by the Baroness and known as the Baroness’ Order of Patronage.
- Baronage’s Order of Gallantry (BOG): This award may be given for behavior which epitomizes the ideals of chivalry and courtesy, as well as for acts of exceptional gallantry on or off the field. The recipient is given a cord braided with the colors of the Barony and the Baron.
Historical Note: Prior to 2022, this award was given exclusively by the Baron and known as the Baron’s Order of Gallantry.
- Fledgling: This award is given to young gentles who exhibit promise, to encourage them to continue to contribute to the growth of the group and the Society. May be given more than once. The awardee receives a scroll.
- Lamp: This award is given to celebrate long service and inspiration to the singing culture of Calontir and B3R. It is given to those whose presence draws people like moths to the flame. Recipients are given a ring oil lamp, decorated with moths.
- Order of the Hippogryph: This award is given to the persons responsible for the inception, creation, and execution of entirely novel events. May be given more than once for distinct novel events.
- Order of Three Rivers: This is the highest award given by the Coronet and recognizes outstanding and unstinting service.
Historical Note: Prior to 2022, this award was divided into Silver, for service to the barony and Gold for service to the kingdom.
- Order of the Wain: This award is given to persons who have done a special service to the barony by helping to transport items necessary for events.
- Talon: This award is given to persons who exhibit exemplary conduct and prowess on the field of combat or as an archer. The symbol is a falcon’s talon worn a string braided in the colors of the Barony.
- Tributary: Like tributaries that feed mighty rivers, the Tributary of Three Rivers recognizes those newer members who show great promise and enthusiasm.